“In the far future of humanity, Duke Leto Atreides (Oscar Isaac) accepts stewardship of the dangerous desert planet Arrakis, also known as Dune, the only source of the most valuable substance in the universe, the spice, a drug which extends human life, provides superhuman levels of thought, and makes foldspace travel possible. Though Leto knows the opportunity is an intricate trap set by his enemies, he takes his Bene Gesserit concubine Lady Jessica (Rebecca Ferguson), young son and heir Paul (Timothée Chalamet), and most trusted advisers to Arrakis. Leto takes control of the spice mining operation, which is made perilous by the presence of giant sandworms. A bitter betrayal leads Paul and Jessica to the Fremen, natives of Arrakis who live in the deep desert.”
Paul Atreides is whispering the Litany Against Fear, a litany said to help focus one’s mind in times of peril.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
And a few pictures from the film:
The film cast:
– Timothée Chalamet as Paul Atreides, the scion of House Atreides;
– Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica, Paul’s Bene Gesserit mother and concubine to Duke Leto
– Oscar Isaac as Duke Leto Atreides, a nobleman newly bestowed with the stewardship of the dangerous – planet Arrakis, source of the spice;
– Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck, the weapons master of House Atreides and one of Paul’s mentors;
– Stellan Skarsgård as Baron Vladimir Harkonnen, the sworn enemy to Leto and former steward of Arrakis;
– Dave Bautista as Glossu Rabban, the brutish nephew of Baron Harkonnen;
– Stephen McKinley Henderson as Thufir Hawat, a Mentat loyal to House Atreides;
– Zendaya as Chani, a mysterious young Fremen woman and Paul’s love interest
David Dastmalchian as Piter De Vries, a twisted Mentat loyal to the Baron;
– Chang Chen as Dr. Wellington Yueh, a Suk doctor in the employ of the Atreides family;
– Sharon Duncan-Brewster as Dr. Liet-Kynes, Chani’s mother and the leading ecologist and peacekeeper on Arrakis;
– Charlotte Rampling as Gaius Helen Mohiam, a Bene Gesserit Reverend Mother and the Emperor’s Truthsayer;
– Jason Momoa as Duncan Idaho, the swordmaster of House Atreides and one of Paul’s mentors;
– Javier Bardem as Stilgar, the leader of the Fremen tribe at Sietch Tabr.
The release date of the movie is set to December 18, 2020 (in theaters).
Stay tuned with us for more details.
Update – additional pictures: