We’ve got our hands on the first official trailer of About Ray (previously titled Three Generations), the upcoming drama comedy movie directed by Gaby Dellal and starring Susan Sarandon, Naomi Watts, Elle Fanning, and Tate Donovan:
“Family living under one roof in New York must deal with a life-changing transformation by one that ultimately affects them all. Ray (Elle Fanning) is a teenager who has come to the realization that she isn’t meant to be a girl and has decided to transition from female to male. His single mother, Maggie (Naomi Watts), must track down Ray’s biological father (Tate Donovan)to get his legal consent to allow Ray’s transition. Dolly, Ray’s lesbian grandmother, is having a hard time accepting that she now has a grandson. They must each confront their own identities and learn to embrace change and their strength as a family in order to ultimately find acceptance and understanding.”
I am surprised there are so many movies with gay and lesbian themes this year. Besides About Ray, there are also:
– Rolan Emmerich’s Stonewall,
– Jenny’s Wedding starring Katherine Heigl as a woman who’s going to marry her roommate,
– Freeheld starring Julianne Moore and Ellen Page as two lesbians in love,
– Carol starring Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara,
– and The Danish Girl starring Eddie Redmayne as the first transgender ever.
The release date of About Ray is set to September 18, 2015.