Take a look to this official teaser poster of Blazing Samurai, the upcoming animated movie directed by Chris Bailey and Mark Koetsier based on a script written by Ed Stone and Nate Hopper:
Prepare to crack up.
From GFM Films, Open Road Films and some cats who brought you
Blazing Saddles, The Lion King, & Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.
“The story revolves around a scrappy young dog who fights to save a town from becoming the litter box of a nefarious feline warlord.
In a land of cats, in a time long ago… The felines of Kakamucho are about to get their litter boxes shaken up when their new Samurai turns up and he’s not quite
what they expected — A DOG!
Hank, a scrappy, wide-eyed pooch on the run, scrambles ashore with dreams of becoming a Samurai like his kitty heroes. There’s just one problem: he doesn’t QUITE fit in. But he’s the perfect pawn for a scheming warlord named Ika Chu, who’s after Kakamucho’s land and needs the townscats out of his way. What better way to chase out a bunch of cats than a dog!
Hank rolls into Kakamucho large and in charge, but is quickly taken down a peg when confronted by a hornet’s nest of furious townscats – he’s no Samurai, he’s a dog! His only champion is Emiko, a young kitten with her own dreams of becoming a samurai. This is going to be a lot harder than Hank expected.
Luckily friends and training come in unlikely places. Hank finds the town outcast, a catnip-addled former swordsman named Yojimbo, who gives him a crash course, literally, in how to be a Samurai. With a little grit, determination, and his own canine style, Hank becomes a true Samurai and teaches his new compatriots a big lesson: It doesn’t matter where you came from, but who you are inside.
Cats and dogs living together. ”
The voice cast includes:
– Michael Cera as Hank, a dog who dreams of becoming a true samurai and to save the town, Kakamucho
– Samuel L. Jackson as Jimbo, a cat who once was a great warrior
– Ricky Gervais as Ika Chu, a sneaky bad cat who has a grand plan to get rid of the town’s inhabitants
– Mel Brooks as Shogun, the misguided but good leader
– George Takei as Ohga, the enforcer of the villain
– Gabriel Iglesias as Chuck
– Aasif Mandvi as Ichiro
– Djimon Hounsou as Sumo, a gentle giant
– Michelle Yeoh as Yuki, Emiko’s over-protective mom
– Sandra Tsing Loh as Little Mama
– Heavenly Joy Jerkins as Emiko, the feisty kitten who is a natural warrior
– and Mel B as The Giraffe (cameo)
Here’s an earlier teaser poster:
And here’s a first (early) look at the main characters:
Blazing Samurai – From left to right: Emiko, Hank, and Jimbo
The release date of the movie Blazing Samurai is set to August 4, 2017.
Stay tuned with us for details about Blazing Samurai!
Update 1 – We just found additional early concept art:
Update 2 – A new sales poster: