Everyday superheroes don’t measure up!
“Based upon Marvel Comics’ most unconventional anti-hero, DEADPOOL tells the origin story of former Special Forces operative turned mercenary Wade Wilson (Ryan Reynolds), who after being subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing powers, adopts the alter ego Deadpool. Armed with his new abilities and a dark, twisted sense of humor, Deadpool hunts down the man who nearly destroyed his life.”
There’s also a new infographic which separates the heroes from the villains aka the douchebags:
And there’s also a new series of funny profiles:
Actor Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool:
– Cancer patient turned keister-kicking superhero. (for those who don’t know, “keister” is North American slang for a person’s buttocks.)
– Possesses accelerated healing factor.
– Sword-swinger. Gun-slinger. Karaoke-singer.
– Funnier (looking) than you.
– Called the merc with a mouth ’cause he won’t shut up.
Actress Morena Baccarin is Vanessa Carlysle:
– Deadpool’s main squeeze.
– Lady of the evening by day and by night.
– Tames the merc with a mouth.
– Knows how to handle you skee balls.
– Definitely not a damsel in distress.
Actress Brianna Hildebrand is Negasonic Teenage Warhead:
– Teenage mutant.
– Monstrously magnetic name (google it!).
– Explosive personality – can detonate powerful atomic bursts from her body.
– Works with Colossus as her trainee.
– Sarcastic. Very sarcastic.
Actor Stefan Kapicic lends his voice to Colossus:
– A lover not a fighter.
– Can transform entire body into organic steel.
– Possesses super-strength in his metallic state.
– Poet. Artists. Deadlifts a dumptruck.
– Wants Deadpool to join the X-Men. As if.
Actor Ed Skrein is Ajax:
– British bad-guy mercenary.
– Weapons expert. Enhanced strength. Feels no pain.
– Did Deadpool wrong.
– Looks like a jerk. Is a jerk.
Actress Gina Carano is Angel Dust:
– Ajax’s meaner. madder partner in pain.
– Possesses super-human strength and speed.
– Cold stare. Hot temper.
– Likes walks on the beach, keeping fit, and shattering bones.
– Has no patience for Deadpool’s non-stop banter.(But really who does?)
And int this featurette Director Tim Miller recommends to go see the film in IMAX:
Deadpool – Experience it in IMAX!
The film is rated R. It will hit theaters on February 12, 2016.