There’s a new series of character posters for Gods of Egypt, the upcoming fantasy adventure movie directed by Alex Proyas which is set in Ancient Egypt:
(Click on a poster to enlarge.)
GODS OF EGYPT
Magic, monsters, gods and madness reign throughout the palaces and pyramids of the Nile River Valley in this action-adventure inspired by the classic mythology of Egypt. With the survival of mankind hanging in the balance, an unexpected hero takes a thrilling journey to save the world and rescue his true love. Set (Gerard Butler), the merciless god of darkness, has usurped Egypt’s throne, plunging the once peaceful and prosperous empire into chaos and conflict. With only a handful of heroic rebels opposing Set’s savage rule, Bek (Brenton Thwaites), a bold and defiant mortal, enlists the aid of powerful god Horus (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) in an unlikely alliance against the evil overlord. As their breathtaking battle against Set and his henchmen take them into the afterlife and across the heavens, both god and mortal must pass tests of courage and sacrifice if they hope to prevail in the spectacular final confrontation.
So you may recognize:
– Actor Gerard Butler as Set, god of the desert;
– Actor Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Horus, god of the sky;
– Actor Brenton Thwaites as the human mortal Bek, a thief of legend;
– Actress Elodie Yung as Hator, goddess of love;
– Actor Chadwick Boseman as Thoth, god of wisdom;
– and Actress Courtney Eaton as the human mortal Zaya, beauty of the Nile
Who’s favorite god? Or are you desperately pro-human?
The movie Gods of Egypt is set to open in theaters on February 26, 2016.