Director Jay Roach has stepped aside to let Director Paul Weitz (who once brought us About a Boy and The Vampire’s Assistant) take over the Meet the Parents comedy movie franchise. The new movie sequel to Meet the Fockers is titled Little Fockers. The film is starring Robert De Niro, Ben Stiller, Barbra Streisand, Dustin Hoffman, Teri Polo and Owen Wilson (the cast from the previous movies) are returning for the Little Fockers. It’s already in post-production and will be released on July 30, 2010.
Update: here’s the Little Fockers movie trailer:
Here’s a first look at Robert de Niro and Ben Stiller in the Little Fockers movie:
“After marrying Pam, the daughter of a retired CIA agent, Gaylord Greg Focker now has twins. The Focker and the Byrnes families try to cope with raising the two children.”
– Jack Tiberius Byrnes (Robert De Niro): Pam’s father and Dina’s husband. He is an ex-CIA agent who still has many contacts within the CIA.
– Gaylord “Greg” Myron Focker (Ben Stiller): The main character of the movie. He was a nurse living in Chicago with his wife Pam, the daughter of a retired CIA agent. He is now a proud father of five-year old twins.
– Pamela Martha Byrnes/Focker (Teri Polo): Greg’s wife and mother to his two 5-year old twins. She was engaged briefly to Kevin before marrying Greg.
– Rosalind “Roz” Focker (Barbra Streisand): Greg’s mother and Bernie’s wife. She is a sex therapist for elderly people.
– Kevin Rawley (Owen Wilson): He was once Pam’s fiancee. His role in this film will be much larger than that of previous films.
– Headmistress (Laura Dern): She is the headmistress of the elementary school attended by the twins.
– Jessica Alba: She will play the role of an extremely attractive pharmaceutical representative whose looks wreak havoc on the male characters in the story.
– Henry Focker (Colin Baiocchi): The son of Greg and Pam. Twin brother of Samantha Focker.
– Samantha Focker (Daisy Tahan): Daughter of Greg and Pam. Twin sister of Henry Focker.
– Tamyra (Raven-Symoné): She will be the nanny/babysitter of Greg and Pam’s 5-year old twins.
I’m quite confident that the movie Little Fockers will be a real blockbuster comedy movie this Summer 2010. I’m quite impatient to see how Jack Byrnes (Robert de Niro) how will behave now that he is grandfather! The Little Fockers is going to be an hilarious movie.