Here’s a first official look at Joel Edgerton and Ruth Negga in Loving, the upcoming drama movie written and directed by Jeff Nichols:
“Richard (Joel Edgerton) and Mildred (Ruth Negga) Loving, an interracial couple, are sentenced to prison in Virginia in 1958 for getting married.”
And here’s a preview clip:
Loving – I’m going to build you a house here, our house!
It’s a good thing the miscegenation laws have since been repealed in the United States.
Anyway, here’s the full cast:
– Joel Edgerton as Richard Loving
– Ruth Negga as Mildred Loving
– Michael Shannon as Grey Villet
– Nick Kroll as Bernie Cohen
– Marton Csokas as Sheriff Brooks
– Jon Bass as Phil Hirschkop
– Bill Camp as Frank Beazley
– David Jensen as Judge Bazile
– Terri Abney as Garnet Jeter
– Alano Miller as Raymond Green
– Sharon Blackwood as Lola Loving
– Christopher Mann as Theoliver Jeter
– Michael Abbott Jr. as Deputy Cole
The official release date of the movie Loving is set to November 4, 2016.
Learn more about the real-life couple who inspired the story:
ABC News – Report on Loving Case 1967
Mixed Race Marriage Victory in US
In 1958, a mixed-race couple, Mildred and Richard Loving, were arrested and then banished from the US state of Virginia for breaking its laws against inter-racial marriage. Nine years later, Mildred and Richard Loving won a ruling at the Supreme Court declaring this sort of legislation unconstitutional.