There’s a new official picture for Shazam, the upcoming live-action superhero movie directed by David F. Sandberg and starring Zachary Levi:
“A 14-year-old boy named Billy Batson (Asher Angel) is granted the powers of six ancient heroes by a dying wizard (Ron Cephas Jones), which he activates by saying the wizard’s name, ‘Shazam!’ Upon doing so, he is transformed by a magic lightning bolt into an adult superhero (Zachary Levi). Each of the ancient heroes’ initials are represented by the letters in the word: the wisdom of Solomon, the strength of Hercules, the stamina of Atlas, the power of Zeus, the courage of Achilles, and the speed of Mercury.
While Billy at first revels in the joy of being a hero – albeit one who still has a teenager’s mind – he is forced into serious action in order to battle the evil Doctor Sivana (Mark Strong). On Billy’s side is his foster brother and best friend Freddy Freeman (Jack Dylan Grazer), a superhero enthusiast who helps both train Billy and keep Billy’s secret.”
Abusing cola does have potential side effects… Drink with moderation!
Anyway, the film cast includes:
– Asher Angel and Zachary Levi as Billy Batson / Shazam: a boy who was given his powers by an ancient wizard and transforms into an adult with the powers of superhuman strength, speed, flight, and other abilities by speaking the word “Shazam”.
– Mark Strong as Dr. Thaddeus Sivana, one of the smartest men alive with a newfound telekinetic ability, he will be the main villain.
– Djimon Hounsou as Shazam, an ancient wizard who bestows his powers on Billy Batson
– Grace Fulton as Mary Bromfield, one of Billy’s friends at his foster home.
– Jack Dylan Grazer as Frederick “Freddy” Freeman, Billy’s best friend, who is disabled and a superhero enthusiast, and the only person who knows that he is Shazam.
– Ian Chen as Eugene Choi, one of Billy’s friends at his foster home.
– Jovan Armand as Pedro Peña, one of Billy’s friends who lives at his foster home.
– Faithe Herman as Darla Dudley, one of Billy’s friends at his foster home.
– Cooper Andrews as Victor Vázquez, the foster father of the group home where Billy and his friends live.
– Marta Milans as Rosa Vázquez, the foster mother of the group home where Billy and his friends live.
The film will hit theaters on April 5, 2019.